- Freedom from Anxiety
- Discover your true Identity
- Overcome Depression
Ann Arbor Counseling Practice
Helping people manage their anxiety and depression, offering parents relief for their struggling adolescent, and equipping distant couples with tools to grow close again
Therapists at IDENTITY
Hi, I’m Tim!
My passion is to help you …
Manage your anxiety better
Discover your true identity
Navigate relationship issues
… so you can live a more meaningful, fulfilling and inspired life!
Hi, I’m Nicole!
My passion is to help you …
Cope with depression
Help you go from stuck to unstuck
Manage your anxiety
… so you can live a more satisfying and fulfilling life!
Are you looking for a Licensed Counselor, Therapist, or Psychologist in Ann Arbor MI?
Counseling for Anxiety, Depression, or Relationship issues?
Maybe you find yourself stuck in life, not knowing which direction to go or where to start…
IDENTITY Counseling Psychology PLLC is a counseling private practice in Ann Arbor MI. At IDENTITY we are passionate about helping you find freedom from your Anxiety, break your cycle of chronic unhappiness and depression, and helping you discover or rediscover your true identity so you can live a more meaningful, fulfilling, inspired life!
We want to help you live the life that you’ve always wanted to live!
What will the first counseling session be like?
Identity Counseling Psychology PLLC is a counseling private practice in Ann Arbor, MI offering therapy in specialty areas including anxiety therapy, identity issues, depression, and finding meaning and motivation. The mission of Identity Counseling Psychology is to partner with clients to help them live a more balanced, meaningful, and fulfilling life.
Counseling Specialties at IDENTITY
- I’m having panic attacks and I’m not sure why
- I never sleep well and I am constantly overwhelmed
- I constantly worry about something and it’s really impacting my life
- I feel stressed all the time and I’m just getting burnt out
- I am chronically unmotivated and can’t figure out why
- For some reason I feel like I’m not able to do what I want to do in life
- My family tells me, “put it in perspective,” but that just make me feel worse. Don’t they know that I’m trying?
- My emotions suddenly overtake me and it’s overwhelming and frustrating
- I think I’m coming to terms with who I truly am, & I’m scared
- My family doesn’t accept me for who I am
- I have been living a lifeless life for too long and I want to breathe new life into myself
- My son (or daughter) can’t focus in school and I’m getting calls daily
- I can’t focus at work and it’s really impacting my performance
- My child has behavioral issues that are getting out of control
Core Beliefs / Framework
The belief of the practice is that there are three basic areas that dictate human wellness:
- The human mind (brain, understanding cognition and thoughts)
- The human body (physical health and the body’s response to what it’s exposed to)
- Human relationships (how we go about relating to others around us)
If we struggle in one of these areas, the other areas are bound to struggle as well. In this way, our mind, body, and relationships are interwoven.
The Bio-Psycho-Social Framework
Your story is made up of your biological, psychological, and social contexts. In counseling, we will work to understand how each of these factors impact you in positive and negative ways. Through building a deeper understanding of the factors at play we can work together on a plan to help you feel better and begin to thrive.
How can counseling help me?
Carl Jung said,
“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Those who look outside, dream. Those who look inside, awaken.”
Therapy is a process of searching within to awaken to your inner self in new and helpful ways. Counseling is a partnership between the therapist and the client. Through building a working relationship, we will engage in a process of inner self discovery to identify the blocks that are holding you back from doing the things you want to do and feeling the way that you want to feel.
Engaging in the therapeutic process is a lifestyle changing decision. Therapy is an active process through which clients often learn to manage their anxiety, cope with their depression, find their inner motivation again, and learn to face internal demons that have been holding them captive for too long.
Here are some common focuses in therapy:
- Emotions – Learn to cope with my emotions in healthy ways
- Anxiety – Learn to employ healthy coping mechanisms
- Depression – Free myself from chronic unhappiness
- Relationships – Work through the leftover emotions from a relationship
- Self-esteem – Learn to listen to and trust myself
- Identify Blocks – Identify what is holding me back from doing the things that I’ve always wanted to do
- Trauma – Help me deal with the reality of what happened to me