Are you a Limited Licensed Professional Counselor (LLPC) in the Ann Arbor area looking for a supervisor?
In the state of Michigan, Limited Licensed Professional Counselors (LLPCs) are required to receive regular supervision from a qualified LPC until they apply for full licensure. They must complete 3,000 hours of post-degree mental health counseling in no less than a two-year period, and at least 100 of those hours must be spent face-to-face with their qualified supervisor. Supervision is a collaborative process between the supervisee and their supervisor, meant to offer LLPCs support and guidance throughout their post-academic training. LLPCs, it is important to choose the right person to help you navigate this new, exciting, and challenging time in your career. Your supervisor should share your passion and dedication for the practice of counseling, and should be someone that you can trust and rely on to help you grow.
Identity Counseling Psychology owner and counselor, Tim Wilkins, MA, LPC, offers supervision services to LLPCs in the Ann Arbor, MI area. In addition to his private practice work as a clinical counselor, Tim is a qualified LLPC supervisor in the state of Michigan and helps local LLPCs become fully licensed.
Supervision with Tim
As a qualified supervisor, Tim helps LLPCs in areas like…
- Monitoring the welfare of clients
- Case consultation and treatment planning
- Compliance with legal, ethical, and professional standards
- Professional behavior and awareness
- Developing personal counselor identity and beliefs
- Practicing and learning therapeutic skills
- Understanding and navigating the counselor-client relationship
- Providing useful feedback and evaluation
Tim offers group supervision for LLPCs who are looking to work collaboratively. With group supervision, LLPCS have the opportunity to learn from their peers and the cases of other counselors.
Rate: $100/ hour
Schedule: Weekly supervision
Supervision meetings take place at Tim’s psychotherapy practice in Ann Arbor, Identity Counseling Psychology.
635 S Maple Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
You can learn more about the rules and regulations for licensing via the following LPC resources:
- LARA Counseling Licensing Guide
- Michigan Board of Counseling website (LARA)
- Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association